Anton Höpffner was born in about 1737 in Ödengesäß, southwest of Wertheim am Main (today in Baden-Württemberg).
He immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) where he married on 10 June 1760 in the colony of Fredericia to Anna Barbara Möll, widow of Johannes Falck who had died earlier that year. Anna Barbara had been born on 18 April 1726 in Dossenheim. It was in Dossenheim where she had married Johannes Falck in November of 1754.
Anton & Anna Barbara Höpffner and their children immigrated to Russia in 1763, arriving in the colony of Anton on 6 October 1764. They are recorded in Anton on the 1767 census in Household No. 36.
In 1798, Johann Georg Höppner moved from Anton to Laub.
Georg Höppner from Anton and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Laub in Household No. Lb28.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): 454.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Lb28, Mv0040.
- Parish register of Fredericia (LDS Film No. 0053464).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 63.