Johann Peter Haas & Anna Margaretha Schneider of Steinbach had seven children including: (1) Anna Elisabetha, born 23 March 1752; and (2) Anna Maria, born 21 June 1757. Johann Peter & Anna Margaretha died in 1760 along with three of the remaining five children.
The two girls (Anna Elisabeth & Anna Maria) immigrated to Russia with their mother's brother and his wife (Johann Henrich Schneider & Maria Magdalena Jung). They arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the galliott Anna Catharina with Johann Joachim Janson as skipper. The extended Schneider family arrived in the Volga German colony of Paulskaya on 17 August 1767 where they wintered. They settled the following year in Hockerberg. In 1770, the entire family moved to Basel.
On the 1798 census of Basel, widow Magdalena Schneider née Jung is recorded in Household No. Bs35 along with Anna Maria Haas and her family. Anna Elisabeth Haas had returned to Hockerberg where she is recorded on the 1798 Census at Household No. Hb08 along with her husband Gabriel Hautzel.
- Hanno Müller
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 5046-5049.
- Parish records of Steinbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 2005): 360.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 255.
- Stumpf, Otto & Hanno Müller. Familienbuch Steinbach: Kreis Gießen (Darmstadt: Hessische Familienseschichtliche Vereinigung, 1994): 76.