Johann Casper Habermann, son of Johann Philipp Habermann, was born 16 July 1719 in Hüttengesäß, west of Gelnhausen. He married Barbara (maiden name unknown). Among their children is Johann Ernst, baptized 20 December 1757 in Hüttengesäß.
Kaspar Habermann, a farmer, his wife Barbara, and children (Elisabeth, age 21; Valentin, age 15; Anna, age 14; Philipp, age 12; Johann, age 6; Barbara, age 2½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766.
Daughter Elisabeth married Lorenz Kalbin. She and her siblings (Philipp, age 12; Johann Ernst, age 7) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 86. They had settled there on 1 July 1767.
Son Valentin (age 16) is recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 8 along with the Heinrich Heft family. The 1767 census does not record a relationship between the Heft and Haberman families.
Descendants of this family are still living in Balzer on the 1798 Census in Households No. Bz003, Bz072, Bz080, & Bz095. Ernst Habermannn is recorded on the 1798 census in Laub (Lb30).
In 1788, Johannes Habermann moved from Balzer to Kukkus. In 1790, Philipp Habermann and his family moved from Stahl am Tarlyk to Balzer.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Kaspar Habermann came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Bonner, Wayne. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 11, 12, 36, & 63.
- List of those recruited by Johann Facius from 13 November 1765 to 18 February 1766.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz072, Bz080, Kk22, Lb30; St50, Mv0048, Mv2819.
- Parish register of Hüttengesas.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 1999): 74 & 98.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3016.
Entry from the Facius List recording the family of Casper Habermann. It reads: " Actum Aufenau den 11-ten Februar 1766 . . . Caspar Habermann, 40 Jahre alt, von Hüttengesäß, mit Frau 38 Jahre alt, 3 Söhnen 12; 9; 4 Jahre alt, 4 Töchter 20; 16; 7; 1,5 Jahre alt, ein guter Ackermann reform. Relig. Supplicant."
Source: Dmitry Habermann.