The births in Wiedermus of five children born to Johann Georg & Viktoria Hegwald are recorded in the parish register of Eckartshausen: (1) Johann Friedrich, born 8 August 1751; (2) Anna Margaretha, born 6 August, 1754; (3) Johannes, born 20 June 1757; (4) Wilhelmina, born 1 June 1760; and (5) Gabriel, born 14 April 1763.
Johann [Georg] Hegwald, his wife Viktoria, and children (Johann Friedrich, age 16; Anna Margaretha, age 13; Gabriel, age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 9 August 1766 aboard the pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 11.
Friedrich Hegewald is recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr199.
By 1857, Heinrich Hegwald from Norka and his family were living in the Volga German daughter colony of Neu-Yagodnaya.
By 1857, Wilhelm Hegwald from Norka and his family were living in the Volga German daughter colony of Rosenfeld am Yeruslan.
There is also a Friedrich Hegewald recorded on the 1798 census of Kolb in Household No. Ko20. It is not known whether he is related to the Johann Georg Hegwald family of Norka, but based upon his age, he could be a brother. Friedrich Hegewald in Kolb has no surviving male descendants.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Hegwald was a farmer from the German region of Isenburg. The 1767 census records that he was a craftsman (Handwerker) came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1857 Census of Rosenfeld am Yeruslan (Household No. 235/248).
- 1857 Census of Neu-Yagodnaya (Household No. 235/248).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ko20, Nr199.
- Parish register of Wiedermus.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 231.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #4014.