There are several Heimbuch families that arrived together from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 [name of ship & commander unknown]. The first two are brothers; the relationship to the third, if any, needs further research.
(1) Johannes Heimbuch, son of Peter Heimbuch & Elisabetha Faust, was born 20 February 1740 in Hüttengesäß.
Georg [sic] Heimbuch, a farmer, his wife Ottilia, and his siblings [erroneously identified as his children] (Anna, age 18; Heinrich, age 12) arrived in Oranienbaum.
Johannes Heimbuch, his wife Anna Maria, and brother Johann Heinrich (age 13) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 85. They had settled in Balzer on 1 July 1767.
Johann[es] Heimbuch and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household No. Bz016.
In 1792, Konrad Heimbuch [presumed son of Georg Heimbuch] moved from Balzer to Lauwe.
Konrad Heimbuch from Balzer and his wife are recorded on the 1798 census of Lauwe in Household No. Lw35.
Konrad Heimbuch and his son are recorded on the 1811 census of Lauwe in Household No. 45.
(2) Heinrich Heimbuch, son of Peter Heimbuch & Elisabetha Faust, was born 28 January 1744 in Hüttengesäß.
Heinrich Heimbuch, a farmer, and his wife Gertrude arrived in Oranienbaum.
[Widower?] Heinrich Heimbuch settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 1 July 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 90 along with a note that he relocated to Müller in 1768. He is recorded in Household No. 90 along with Widower Just Erth and his son Philipp (age 14). The 1767 census does not record a relationship between the Erth and Heimbuch families.
(3) Anna Barbara Heimbuch, daughter of Hans Heimbuch & Catharina Kuhn, was born 20 November 1719 in Hüttengesäß. She married in Hüttengesäß on 6 January 1745 to Caspar Habermann.
An unnamed [Kaspar] Habermann, a farmer, his wife Barbara, and children (Elisabeth, age 21; Valentin, age 15; Anna, age 14; Philipp, age 12; Johann, age 6; Barbara, age 2½) arrived in Oranienbaum. [See Habermann Family.]
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that both of these Heimbuch families came from the German region of Hessen. The 1767 census records that both came from the German region of Isenburg.
- 1811 Lauwe Census (Household No. 45).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz016, Lw35, Ml24, Mv0071.
- Parish register of Hüttengesäß.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 97, 99.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): # 3244, #3248.