Johann Georg Heinrich was born 31 January 1729, in Werdorf. He was baptized there on 8 February 1729, and confirmed in 1743. He was the third oldest of four children of Hans Caspar Heinrich (born 30 November 1681 in Werdorf) and Anna Christina Zimmerman (born 23 May 1698 in Werdorf).
On 22 January 1756, he married Anna Elisabeth Rupp in Werdorf. She had been born 12 March 1729. They have three known children, all born in Werdorf: (1) Johann Wilhelm, born in 1757; (2) Johann Conrad, born in 1761 & died the same year; (3) Johann Georg, born in 1762; and (4) Friedrich Conrad, born in 1766.
The family immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson. The three youngest children died at some point before they left Oranienbaum, because only the parents and the oldest son (recorded as Georg Wilhelm, age 10¼) are included on the Transport List for the trip between Oranienbaum and Saratov. This child died on that voyage.
Johann Georg & Anna Elisabeth arrived in the Volga German colony of Kukkus on 26 June 1767 and are recorded on the 1767 Census there in Household No. 39. He is recorded on the 1798 Census in Kukkus in Household No. Kk20, with a new wife.
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kk20.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): Entries 498-500.
- Parish register of Werdorf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 470.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3507.
- Will, Markus. Ortsfamilienbuch Werdorf (Online)