Johann Georg Heinrich was born 31 January 1729, in Werdorf. He was baptized there on 8 February 1729, and confirmed in 1743. He was the third oldest of four children of Hans Caspar Heinrich (born 30 November 1681 in Werdorf) and Anna Christina Zimmerman (born 23 May 1698 in Werdorf).
On 22 January 1756, he married Anna Elisabeth Rupp in Werdorf. She had been born 12 March 1729. They have three known children, all born in Werdorf: (1) Johann Wilhelm, born in 1757; (2) Johann Conrad, born in 1761 & died the same year; (3) Johann Georg, born in 1762; and (4) Friedrich Conrad, born in 1766.
Georg Heinrich, a farmer, his wife Anna, and sons (Georg, age 10; Johann, age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson.
Joseph Georg Heinrich, his wife Anna Elisabeth, and son Georg Wilhelm (age 10¼) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that son Georg Wilhelm died en route.
Johann Georg & Anna Elisabeth arrived in the Volga German colony of Kukkus on 26 June 1767 and are recorded on the 1767 Census there in Household No. 39.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Heinrich family among the Volga German colonies.
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): Entries 498-500.
- Parish register of Werdorf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 470.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3507.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #2369-2371.
- Will, Markus. Ortsfamilienbuch Werdorf (Online)