Melchior Heinrich married Anna Margaretha Mohr, daughter of Johann Velten & Anna Christina Mohr, in the Baumholder Catholic Church on 8 January 1732. Anna Margaretha Mohr had been born on 31 March 1712 in Thranenweier and was baptized on 3 April 1712 in the Lutheran Church in Baumholder.
At least eight children were born to Melchior & Anna Margaretha Heinrich in Ruschberg: (1) Johann Georg, born 27 November 1732; (2) Johann Matthias, born 23 January 1735; (3) Anna Maria Margaretha, born 11 July 1737; (4) Anna Rosina Barbara, born 3 June 1740; (5) Johann (Hans) Peter, born 19 April 1743; (6) Johannes, born 2 June 1746; (7) Anna Catharina, born 27 February 1749; and (8) Maria Elisabeth, born 2 October 1751, died 2 July 1753.
Anna Maria Margaretha married Johann Peter Mohr on 21 June 1763 in the Reformed Church of Baumholder.
Anna Rosina Barbara married Philipp Bronn [sic] from Kellenbach on 19 June 1766 in the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Melchior Heinrich, a farmer, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Johann Peter, age 23; Johann, age 20; Anna Katharina, age 18) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard the Apollo under the command of Skipper Detlov Merberg.
Melchior Heinrich, his wife Anna Margreta, and children (Hans Peter, age 23; Johannes, age 20; Anna, age 17) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Widow Anna Margaretha Heinrich and her children (Johannes, age 21; Anna Katharina, age 20) are recorded on the 1767 census of Norka in Household No. 174. Anna Maria Margaretha & Johann Peter Mohr are recorded there in Household No. 175. Anna Rosina Barbara & Philipp Bruhn are recorded there in Household No. 104. Peter Heinrich and his new bride Gertrude are recorded there in Household No. 177. They had all settled in Norka on 26 August 1767.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that this Heinrich family was from the German area of Zweibrücken.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr154, Nr221.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #702.
- Parish register of Büdingen.
- Parish register of Baumholder.
- Parish register of Ruschberg.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet 1764-1767 Band 3 (Goettingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis; 2005): 256, 276.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5176.
- Rauschenbach, Georg and Idt, Andreas. Deutsche Kolonisten Auf Dem Weg Von St. Petersburg Nach Saratow (Moscow: 2017): #2538-2542.