Johann Peter Helbrecht was born 25 October 1719 in Steinbach.
Peter Helbrecht, a farmer, his wife Maria, and children (Maria, age 15; Heinrich [Peter], age 12; Johannes, age 6) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the galliot Anna Catharina under the command of skipper Johann Joachim Janson.
They are recorded on the list of those being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that Peter died in route.
Johann[es] Helbrecht and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bettinger in Household No. Bt17 living with his stepfather Nikolaus Hille.
Helbrecht descendants are recorded on the 1834 census of Bettinger in Households No. 92 & 113.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Peter Helbrecht came from the German region of Darmstadt.
- 1834 Bettinger Census (Households No. 92, 113).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ht17.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 4244-4248.
- Müller, Hanno; Ommert, Dora; Schumann, Liesel. Familienbücher des Kirchspiels Kirchberg (v.4): Lollar: 1628-1875 (Fernwald, 2001).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 402.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3965.
- Stumpf, Otto & Hanno Müller. Familienbuch Steinbach: Kreis Gießen (Darmstadt: Hessische Familienseschichtliche Vereinigung, 1994): 89.