Konrad Helwig, the son of Peter Helwig of Neuwiedermuß, married on 8 January 1761 in Vonhausen to Anna Maria Bomersheim, daughter of Johannes & Helena Maria Bomersheim. Anna Maria had been baptized on 20 June 1734 in Vonhausen.
The baptism of a daughter to Konrad Helwig & Anna Maria Bomersheim is recorded on the parish register of Vonhausen: Anna Catharina, baptized on 14 October 1764.
Konrad Helwig, a farmer, his wife Anna, and children (Katharina, age 5½; Johann, age 2) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the ship Der Junge Mattias under the command of Skipper David Wollert.
Konrad Helwig, a craftsman (Handwerker), his wife Anna Maria, and children (Johann Heinrich, age 4; Katharina, age 12-days) are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 56. They had arrived in Moor on 18 June 1767.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Konrad Helwig came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 52-53.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo08, Mo71.
- Parish register of Vonhausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 170.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1920.