Johann Adam Herdt, son of Leopold & Anna Margaretha Herdt, was baptized in Offenbach on 13 May 1745. He married 4 April 1766 in Büdingen to Maria Barbara Zipp from Offenbach. She had been born in Offenbach on 4 August 1745.
Adam Herdt, a craftsman (Handwerker), his wife Maria Barbara, and daughter Maria Elisabeth (age 1) are recorded on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 61. They had arrived in Moor on 18 June 1767.
In 1788, Adam Herdt and his family moved from Moor to Pobochnaya.
Adam Herdt from Moor and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Pobochnaya in Household No. Pb29.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 53.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Pb06, Pb29, Mv1770.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #473.
- Parish register of Offenbach am Main.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 171.