An article by Wilhelm Funk records the following going to Russia:
Caspar Hiller, a farmer (Bauersmann), son of Hanns Simon Hiller, a day laborer (Taglöhner) in Michelbach near Heilbronn, Lutheran, and Johanna Lerch, daughter of the deceased Georg Lerch, a farmer (Bauer) in Glattau in German Bohemia, Catholic, were married on 7 May 1766 in the Lutheran Church in Wöhrd.
Kaspar Heller [sic], a farmer, his wife [Joh]Anna Maria, and son Johann (age 1) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Frei Gebruder under the command of Skipper Minzberger.
Caspar hiller, his wife Anna, and son Johann (age 1) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that son Johann died en route.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Leitsinger on 19 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 5825.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Kaspar Hiller came from the German region of Ansbach. The 1767 census records that Kaspar Hiller came from the German village of Michelbach bei Heilbronn in the Ansbach region.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Hiller family among the Volga German colonies.
- Funk, Wilhelm. "Deutsche a Is russische Colonisten: ausgezogen aus dem Wöhrder Traubuch 1766/67." Blätter für fränkische Familienkunde, 1:3 (1926): 101-107.
- Mai, Brent Alan. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga, 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #6282-6283.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #800.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 71.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5825.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #6256-6258.