An article by Hermann Wäschke records the following going to Russia:
(unnamed) Hoppe, a day laborer (Tagelöhner), with his wife and 3 children (one son & two daughters), from the district of Dessau.
Christoph Hoppe, a farmer, his wife Johanna, and children (Johanna, age 16; and Johann, age 9; Eleonora, age 4) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 10 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Nikolaus Peter Pink.
Christian [sic] Hoppe, his wife Joh. Hentrigetta, and children (Eleonora, age 17; Johann Georg, age 14) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Christoph died after arrival in Russia. His widow Johanna and surviving children settled in the Volga German colony of Boisroux on 3 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 64 along with his daughter who has married Christian Gottlieb Otto.
Johann Georg Hoppe and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Boisroux in Household No. Bx21.
Between 1834 & 1850, Friedrich Hoppe, son of Christoph Hoppe relocated from Boisroux to Warenburg.
In 1848, Christoph Hoppe and his son Heinrich relocated from Boisroux to Neu-Boisroux.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that the Hoppe family came from the German region of Dessau.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bx21.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #1092.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 155.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4359.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #5395-5398.
- Wäschke, Hermann. "Deutsche Familien in Russland" in Roland, Archiv für Stamm- und Wappenkunde, Jubiläumsschrift, 18 January 1912: 82.
List of those depating Dessau in 1766. Christoph Hoppe is recorded as #15 (on the 2nd page).
Source: Karl Becker.
List of those depating Dessau in 1766. Christoph Hoppe is recorded as #15.
Source: Karl Becker.