Ludwig Huber, son of Florian & Anna Margaretha Huber, was baptized 6 June 1714 in Feudenheim. He married in Feudenheim on 31 May 1746 to Anna Catharina Neuenhölzer, daughter of Johann Georg Neuenhölzer.
The baptisms of the children born to Ludwig Huber & Anna Catharina Neuenhölzer are recorded in the parish register of Feudenheim: (1) Anna Elisabeth, baptized 7 May 1748; (2) Martin, baptized 11 November 1752; and (3) Johann Michael, baptized 31 January 1757.
Ludwig Huber, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Elisabeth, age 14; Martin, age 12; Christian, age 3) immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) arriving in Flensburg on 4 June 1762. They were dismissed from the Danish colonies on 24 April 1765 and joined the migration to Russia.
Ludwig Huber and his family settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 28 March 1766.
Ludwig Huber, a farmer, his wife Anna Katharina, and sons (Martin, age 17; Christian, age 7) are recorded there on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 23.
The death of widow Katharina Huber is recorded in Balzer on 10 February 1811 (age 91).
Christian Huber and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household No. Bz033.
The death of Christian Huber is noted in the parish register of Balzer with his burial there recorded on 25 Feburary 1842.
Martin Huber and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household no. Bz071.
The death of Martin Huber is recorded in theparish register of Balzer on 10 October 1836 with burial in Balzer noted on 12 October 1836.
The 1767 census records that Ludwig Huber came from the German region of Kurpfalz. The Eichhorns record that Ludwig Huber came from "Käferthal, Oberamt Mannheim, Kurpfalz."
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-697.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz033, Bz071.
- Parish register of Balzer.
- Parish register of Feudenheim.
- Parish register of Wallstadt.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 78.