Johann Michael Johann, son of Hans Michael & Eva Johann, was born on 28 February 1739 in Ober-Schönmattenweg (east of Weinheim), today in Baden-Württemberg. He was baptized on 4 March 1739 in Wald-Michelbach. He immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) and settled in the colony of Veltenhof. He married on 26 May 1760 in the colony of Fredericia (Denmark) to Eva Margaretha Sattler. She was born in about 1736 in Affolterbach.
They immigrated to Russia in 1763, and arrived in the colony of Anton on 7 September 1764. They and their children are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton where Michael is serving as the Vorsteher (mayor) in Household No. 1.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): 463.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An17.
- Parish records for Wald-Michelbach (LDS Film No. 1340338).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 51.