Widower Hans Kölln, a merchant (Kaufmann) and his sons settled in the Volga German colony of Holstein on 26 May 1765. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 21.
In 1790, Christian Kölln and his family moved from Holstein to Franzosen.
The 1798 census of Franzosen records Christian Kölln from Galka in Household No. Fz41.
The death of Christian Kölln in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Franzosen in Household No. 80.
In 1797, Johann Adam Kölln moved from Holstein to Sarepta.
Jakob Kölln from Holstein and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Oberdorf in Household No. 36.
The 1767 census records that Hans Kölln came from the German village of Meimersdorf.
Kölln Family in Sarepta
The parish register of Sarepta records that Christina Sophia Kölln, daughter of Nikolaus & Margaretha Kölln, had been born on 20 September 1775 in Holstein.
- 1834 Franzosen Census (Household No. 80).
- 1857 Oberdorf Census (Household No. 36).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fz41, Ho25, Ho37, Ho40, Mv0910.
- Parish records of Sarepta.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet 1764-1767 Band 2 (Goettingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 131.