Johann Adam Carle, son of Johann Dietrich (junior) Carle & Maria Christ, was born on 8 July 1739 in Elpenrod.
Johann Adam married Anna Dorothea Schlosser, daughter of Georg Schlosser & Anna Catharina Gieß, in Ober-Omen on 16 February 1762.
Adam Karle, a turner (Dreher), and his wife Dorothea arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Adam Karle and his new wife (also Dorothea) are recorded on the 1767 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 5. They had settled there on 7 June 1767.
Adam Karle and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. Nm40 along with a note that son Martin Karle is working in Urbach.
In 1797, Jakob Karle moved from Nieder-Monjou to Katharinenstadt. Jakob Karle from Nieder-Monjou is recorded on the 1798 census of Katharinenstadt in Household No. 143.
Johann Adam Carle died on 10 August 1808 in Nieder-Monjou.
Before 1816, Georg Konrad Karle moved to Kind where he is recorded on the 1834 census in Household No. 47.
In 1833, Konrad Karle moved from Nieder-Monjou to Katharinenstadt.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Adam Karle came from the German region of Darmstadt. The 1767 census records that Adam Karle came from the German village of Elbenrod [but this should be Elpenrod].
- 1834 Katharinenstadt Census (Households No. 16, 78, 83, 240, 365).
- 1834 Kind Census (Household No. 47).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ka143, Nm40, Mv1926.
- Parish register of Elpenrod.
- Parish register of Ober-Omen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 186.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1543.
Julia Busick Ermakovich
Entry from the parish register of Ober-Omen recording the marriage of Johann Adam Carle & Anna Dorothea Schlosser on 16 February 1762.
Source: Karl Becker.
Entry from the Nieder-Monjou parish register recording the death of Adam Carll on 10 August 1808.
Source: Karl Becker.