Johannes Gleiber, son of Johannes Gleiber & Amelia Kling, was born in Hitzkirchen on 26 June 1740. Anna Elisabeth Loos, the daughter of Nicolaus Loos & Anna Catharina Müller, was born in Wüstwillenroth on 13 December 1741. Johannes Glieber & Anna Elisabeth Loos married in Lichenroth on 23 May 1765.
Johannes & Anna Elisabeth had a son Johann Peter who was born 24 February 1765 in Wüstwillenroth.
Johannes Kleiber, a farmer, and his wife Elisabeth settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 90.
Johann Heinrich Rupp, illegitimate son of Katharina Müller, is recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr006. The 1811 Norka census (Household No. 6) records him as Johann Heinrich Kleiber, son-in-law of Michael Doring, and this surname of Kleiber continues on the 1834 Norka Census (Household 38).
The 1767 census records that Johannes Kleiber came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1811 Norka Census (Household No. 6).
- 1834 Norka Census (Household No. 38).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr006, Nr094.
- Parish register of Hitzkirchen (LDS Film No. 1201792).
- Parish register of Wüstwillenroth.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 253.