Adam Kraft, his wife Susanna Margaretha, and daughter Elisabeth (age 9) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard the ship Apollo under the command of Skipper Detlov Merberg.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Grimm and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 55.
Adam Kraft and his family is recorded on the 1775 census of Grimm in Household No. 6.
Johann Philipp Kraft from Grimm and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Wiesenmüller.
Johannes Kraft from Grimm and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Rosenberg in Household No. 86.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Adam Kraft is a farmer from Friedeburg while the 1767 census records that he is a craftsman (Handwerker) from Friedberg.
- 1775 Grimm Census (Household No. 6).
- 1857 Rosenberg Census (Household No. 86).
- 1857 Wiesenmüller Census.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gm112.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 80.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5100.