Johannes Kraft (age 3) is recorded on the 1767 census of Norka in Household No. 71 as the stepson of Johannes Scharf.
Johannes Kraft is recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 7 along with his stepfather Johannes Scharf.
The 1798 census of Norka records that the Johannes Kraft family is living at the mill near Messer.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that the Kraft family came from the German district of Darmstadt.
[Some researchers have concluded that this Johannes Kraft is the son of Kaspar Kraft who had arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper John Scott, but this conclusion does not hold because the son of Kaspar Kraft died en route from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.]
- 1775 Norka Census (Household No. 7).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr219.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 248.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3790.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #1910-1912.