Jakob Kraft, a merchant (Kaufmann), and his family settled in the Volga German colony of Shcherbakovka on 15 June 1765. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 14.
The 1798 census of Shcherbakovka records in Household No. Sv12 that Jacob Kraft is serving as the schoolmaster in the colony of Holstein.
Georg Peter Kraft, son of Johann Georg Kraft, and his family relocated to the colony of Stephan in 1830.
Johannes Adam Kraft from Shcherbakovka and his family are recorded on the 1850 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 197.
Johannes Georg Kraft from Shcherbakovka and his family are recorded on the 1850 census of Dobrinka in Household No. 202.
The 1767 census records that Jakob Kraft came from the German town of Stuttgart.
- 1834 Shcherbakovka Census (Household No. 67).
- 1834 Stephan Census (Household No. 101).
- 1850 Dobrinka Census (Households No. 197, 202).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sv12, Sv59.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 248.