Krieger (Boisroux / Orlovskaya)
There are three Krieger families that arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax. They both settled in the Volga German colony of Orlovskaya on 7 June 1767. Their relationship to each other is not recorded.
(1) Gottlieb Krieger, a farmer, and his wife Maria arrived in Oranienbaum.
Gottlob [sic] Krüger and his wife Maria are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Gottlieb is recorded on the 1767 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. 73 along with his new wife Elisabeth. They had settled in Orlovskaya on 7 June 1767.
(2) Georg Krieger, a farmer, his wife Katharina, and children (Christoph, age 22; Lebrecht, age 18; Friedrich, age 15; Eva, age 12) arrived in Oranienbaum.
Georg Krüger, his wife Maria, and children (Leberecht, age 16; Friederich, age 13; Renada, age 8) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with single man Christoph Krüger.
They are recorded on the 1767 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. 45. They had settled in Orlovskaya on 7 June 1767.
In 1797, Christoph Krieger moved from Orlovskaya to Basel.
(3) Benjamin Krüger, a single farmer, arrived in Oranienbaum.
Benjamin Krüger is recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
He settled in the Volga German colony of Boisroux on 7 June 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 38 along with his new wife Maria.
In 1786, Benjamin Krieger and his family moved from Boisroux to Orlovskaya.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that these Krieger families came from the German region of Dessau. The 1767 census records that they came from the German village of Kochstedt in Dessau.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bs06, Or20, Or55, Or58, Or59, Or69, Mv0310, Mv2191.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 148.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 321, 327.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1523, #1524, #1525, #1526.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #0889-0895, 0909-0910.