There are two Kuntzmann families that migrated from Weinheim to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) and then on to Russia. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) Johannes Kuntzmann was born on 19 June 1721 in Weinheim, today in Baden-Württemberg. He married there on 17 June 1748 to Eva Magdalena Wetzel. She had also been born in Weinheim on 16 January 1721.
They immigrated first to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein), and then in 1764 to Russia where they arrived in Anton on 18 July 1765 along with three children: Johann Adam, Anna Maria, and Georg Reinhardt. Eva Magdalena died (perhaps even before their arrival in Anton) and Johannes remarried to Anna Katharina, the widow of Franz Eberhard Regling, who had originally immigrated to the colony of Preuss.
Johannes, Anna Katharina, and the children from both marriages are recorded on the 1767 census in Household No. 35 in Anton.
The widow and children of Georg Kuntzmann are recorded on the 1798 census of Anton in Household No. An38.
(2) Philipp Kuntzmann is also from Weinheim and immigrated to Denmark with Johannes, and then on to Russia. He and his family settled in the Volga German colony of Schäfer on 1 August 1766 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 5.
In 1788, Philipp Kuntzmann and his family moved from Schäfer to Reinhard.
In 1787, Johannes Kuntzmann moved from Reinhard to Beauregard.
Johannes Kuntzmann from Reinhard and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Beauregard in Household No. Bo02.
Johannes Kuntzmann and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Beauregard in Household No. 8.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): 494.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An38, Bo02, Rh06, Mv2380.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 63.