Johann Georg Langholff married Maria Magdalena Keyser, daughter of Lorentz Keyser, on 16 February 1740 in the Evangelical Church of Dörrenbach, 32 kilometers west of Karlsruhe. They had seven known children, each baptized in the same church: (1) Johannes (Christoph), on 12 December 1740; (2) Johann Michael, on 18 July 1743; (3) Johann Georg, on 17 July 1746; (4) Johann Jacob on 13 April 1749; (5) Maria Elisabetha on 1 November 1751; (6) Maria Ursula on 17 July 1754; and (7) Maria Margaretha, on 6 May 1757.
Johann Georg Langolff, his wife Maria, and children (Christoph, age 25; Daniel, age 22; Georg, age 20; Jakob, age 18; Elisabeth, age 16; Maria, age 12) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 October 1766 aboard the English frigate Love and Unity with skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Georg Langolff, his wife Maria Magdalena, and children (Joh. Christoph, age 25; Michiel, age 23; Georg, age 21; Jacob, age 19; Maria Elisabeth, age 17; Maria, age 12) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that wfe Maria Magdalena died en route.
Widower Georg Lamgolf [sic], a farmer, and his children (Christoph, age 25; Michael, age 23; Georg, age 21; Jakob, age 19; Anna, age 17; Maria, age 13) are recorded on the list of Beauregard recruits attached to the 1767 census of the Volga colonies in Household No. 140.
Johann Georg Jr. is on the 1798 census of Kind in Household No. Kd04 with Johann Jacob in Household No. Kd17. Son Johann Michael had moved to Hummel in 1772 where he is recorded on the 1798 census in Household No. Hu19.
Descendants of son Christoph are recorded on the 1798 census of Zürich in Households No. Zr13 and Zr53.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Georg Langolf came from the German region of Würzburg. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Rimbach in the Würzburg region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hm19, Kd04, Kd17, Zr13, Zr53, Mv1271.
- Parish records of Dörrenbach (LDS Film No. 193818).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 377.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5524.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #3106-3113.