Johann Philipp Lauck, son of Johann Jacob Lauck & Maria Dorothea Mützeberger, was confirmed in Gelnhausen (northeast of Hanau) in 1746. He married there on 10 August 1752 to Anna Elisabeth Kalbfleisch, daughter of Johann Heinrich Kalbfleisch. Among their children baptized in Gelnhausen are: (1) Susanna Catharina, baptized 7 May 1753; (2) Maria Dorothea, baptized 1 February 1755; (3) Johann Philipp, baptized 10 December 1756; (4) Johann Jacob, baptized 27 July 1760; and (5) Sigismund (baptized 20 February 1764).
They immigrated to Russia, arriving at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the ship Der Junge Mathias under the command of Skipper David Wollert. Philipp was the Vorsteher (leader) of this particular group of immigrants.
Philipp Lauck died before arriving in the colony of Dönhof where his widow and 3 of the original children along with a newborn (Johann Heinrich) settled on 18 June 1767.
Widow Elisabeth Lauck and her children (Johann Philipp, age 19; Susanna Katharina, age 16; Jakob, age 10; and Johann Heinrich (age 1) are recorded on the 1767 census of Dönhof in Household No. 79 along with a note indicating that they moved to Beideck in 1768.
Philipp Lauck and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Beideck in Household No. Bd32.
Philipp Lauck and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Beideck in Household No. 116.
[Johann] Adam Lauck from Beideck and his son are recorded on the 1811 census of Nieder-Monjou in Household No. 52.
Jakob Lauck and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Beideck in Household No. Bd67.
The death of Jakob Lauck in 1833 is recorded on the 1834 census of Beideck in Household No. 97.
- 1811 Nieder-Monjou Census (Household No. 52).
- 1834 Beideck Census (Households No. 97, 98, 116).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bd32, Bd67.
- Parish records of Gelnhausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 363.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1858.