Gottfried Lautsch moved from Köthen to Rosefeld in 1752. An old manuscript notes on 24 May 1766 that Gottfried Lautsch and his family are living in the small village of Rosefeld. His family of 5 (two daughters and a son) immigrated to Russia.
Gottfried Lautsch, a farmer, his wife Anna, and children (Katharina, age 16; Georg, age 8; Anna, age 1) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard the English frigate Love & Unity under the command of Skipper Thomas Fairfax.
Gottfried Lautsch, his wife Anna Dorothe., and children (Cathar., age 16; Georg, age 10; Anna Maria, age 1½) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Boisroux, but have not been located on the 1767 census.
Many families on this frigate settled in Boisroux, and in 1775, widow Maria Katharina Lautsch moved from Boisroux to Meinhard where her daughter married David Fink.
Widow Katharina Lautsch, her daughter, and daughter's family are recorded on the 1798 census of Meinhard in Household No. Mn12.
The 1767 census records that Gottfried Lautsch came from the German region of Dessau.
There are no known surviving male lines of this family among the Volga German colonies.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mn12, Mv0286.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1344.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #0700-0704.
Publication of the pending sale of the house of Gottfried Lautsch of Rosefeld and its contents.
" Nach dem Gottfried Lautsch, von Rosefeld, sich heimlich außer Landes
begeben, mithin dessen daselbst verlassenes Haus, Hof und Garten, mit 1
Hufe Acker und sonstigen Zubehörungen, zum öffentlichen Verkauf
gebracht, und pro termino licitationis per 4. Juli c. a. anberaumer
worden . . . "
Source: Karl Becker.