Johann Wilhelm Leinweber, son of Johann Simon Leinweber & Anna Catharina Weistgerber, was baptized 20 June 1725 in Sankt Julian, near Eisenbach. He married in Annweiler on 4 November 1749 to Anna Margaretha Zang, daughter of Johann Peter Zang.
The following children were born in nearby Offenbach am Glan: (1) Johann Ludwig, baptized 9 August 1750; (2) Johann Wilhelm, baptized 6 January 1753; (3) Johann Peter, baptized 13 January 1755; and (4) Maria Elisabeth, baptized 29 June 1757.
Wilhelm Leinweber, a farmer, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Ludwig, age 18; Wilhelm, age 16; Johann Peter, age 9; Maria Elisabeth, age 7) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766.
Willhelm Leinweber, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Ludwig, age 18; Wilhelm, age 16; Johann Peter, age 11; Maria Elisabeth, age 7) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
Wilhelm Leinweber, a farmer, his wife Anna Margaretha, and children (Ludwig, age 20; Wilhelm, age 18; Johann Peter, age 16; Anna Maria Elisabeth, age 13) are recorded on the 1767 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 27. They had settled there on 16 September 1767.
By 1798, Peter Leinweber and his family were living in the neighboring colony of Pobochnaya.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Wilhelm Leinweber came from the German region of Pfalz. The 1767 census records that he came from the German village of Offenbach in the Pfalz region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Pb36, Yp90.
- Parish records of Offenbach am Glan - LDS Film No. 493272.
- Parish records of Sankt Julian - LDS Film No. 193974.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 180.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6266.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8001-8006.