Johann Wilhelm Leinweber, son of Johann Simon Leinweber & Anna Catharina Weistgerber, was baptized 20 June 1725 in Sankt Julian, near Eisenbach. He married in Annweiler on 4 November 1749 to Anna Margaretha Zang, daughter of Johann Peter Zang.
They arrived in the port of Oranienbaum, Russia, on 13 September 1766 along with 4 of their children, all of whom had been born in nearby Offenbach am Glan: Johann Ludwig (baptized 9 August 1750), Johann Wilhelm (baptized 6 January 1753), Johann Peter (baptized 13 January 1755), and Maria Elisabeth (baptized 29 June 1757). They arrived in Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 27.
By 1798, Peter Leinweber and his family were living in the neighboring colony of Pobochnaya.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Pb36, Yp90.
- Parish records of Offenbach am Glan - LDS Film No. 493272.
- Parish records of Sankt Julian - LDS Film No. 193974.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 180.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6266.