Conrad Lofink, son of Johannes Lohefinck of Eiterfeld, was born 11 May 1697 in Oberufhausen (part of the Eiterfeld parish). He married on 20 February 1724 in Fulda to Anna Catharina Jordan. They had two children whose births are recorded in the cathedral parish of Fulda: (1) Johann Conrad, born 28 April 1727; and (2) Anna Eva, born 3 April 1730.
Anna Catharina Lofink née Jordan died on 1 August 1730. Conrad Fink remarried on 7 November 1730 in the cathedral of Fulda to Anna Barbara Bohn, daughter of Matthaeus & Anna Catharina Bohn. Anna Barbara Bohn was born 26 December 1707 in Fulda. The births of 3 children to Conraf Fink, a hosier (Strumpfwirker), and Anna Barbara Bohn are recorded in the register of the cathedral parish of Fulda: (1) Johann Adam, born 13 March 1734; (2) Johann Valentin, born 20 August 1736; and (3) Johann Daniel, born 4 October 1739.
The death of Anna Barbara Lofink née Bohn is believed to be recorded on 17 August 1749 in Fulda.
Conrad Lofink married a third time on 3 February 1750 in Fulda to Anna Margaretha Scheling. The births of two additional children are recorded in the register of the cathedral parish of Fulda: (1) Maria Elisabeth, born 29 December 1750; and (2) Maria Margaretha, born 13 June 1752.
Conrad Lofink died 23 June 1753 in Fulda.
Daniel Lofink, a hosier (Strumpfwirker), and his wife Rosina arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 aboard an English frigate under the command of Skipper Adam Beerfeier.
Daniel Lohfinck [sic], his wife Rosina, and newborn son Johann are recorded on a list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg and Saratov in 1767 along with a note that the newborn son died in route.
They are recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census of Boisroux in Household No. 5 along with a note that they relocated to the Volga German colony of Bettinger in 1768.
Daniel Lofink and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Bettinger in Household No. Bt40.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that Daniel Lofink came from the German region of Fulda.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bt40.
- Parish register of the cathedral in Fulda.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 163.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4587.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #5841-5843.
Birth/baptismal record of Johann Daniel Lofink on 4 October 1739 in the parish register of the cathedral in Fulda.
Source: Max Weinbinder.