Johann Jost Lohrengel, son of Johann Peter & Anna Margaretha Lohrengel, was baptized on 22 June 1728 in Lorbach. He married on 2 February 1758 in Vonhausen to Maria Magdalena Elsazer, daughter of Conrad & Eva Elsazer. She had been baptized 26 September 1739 in Lorbach.
Just Lohrengel, a farmer, his wife Magdalena, and son Johann Peter (age 8) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 74. They had arrived in Balzer on 18 June 1767.
Widower Just Lohrengel and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household No. Bz021.
The 1767 census records that Just Lohrengel came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 13, 17, 34.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz021.
- Parish records of Lorbach (LDS Film No. 1201842).
- Parish records of Vonhausen (LDS Film No. 1201842).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 93.