Johann Jost Lohrengel, son of Johann Peter & Anna Margaretha Lohrengel, was baptized on 22 June 1728 in Lorbach. He married on 2 February 1758 in Vonhausen, Isenburg, to Anna Maria, daughter of Christoph Hartheim.
Jost Lohrengel is recorded on the 1767 Census of Balzer in Household No. 74. He is listed with his wife Magdalena, so his first wife was evidently deceased.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 13, 17, 34.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz021.
- Parish records of Lorbach (LDS Intl Film #1201842).
- Parish records of Vonhausen (LDS Intl Film #1201842).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999).