Matthias Wilhelm Lonsinger, son of Jonathan & Anna Maria Lonsinger, was baptized on 25 September 1720 in the Pfullingen Lutheran Church. He married Anna Barbara, and they had three children, each baptized in the Feldrennach Lutheran Church, southeast of Karlsruhe. [Since 1973, Feldrennach has been part of the municipality Straubenhardt.] Their children's names are: (1) Anna Barbara (born 12 February 1748; baptized 13 February 1748); (2) Maria Barbara (born & baptized 12 November 1749); and (3) Matthias Wilhelm (born 8 September 1753; baptized 9 September 1753).
Matthias Wilhelm and his family immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein), departing from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 19 July 1762 under the leadership of Georg Jakob Seiler. They arrived in the city of Flensburg, Duchy of Schleswig, on 24 July 1762. They lived in Denmark until 16 November 1765 when they immigrated to Russia.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Grimm where they are recorded on the 1775 Census in Household No. 37. Son Matthias is recorded on the 1798 Census in Household No. Gm080.
- 1775 Grimm Census (Household No. 37).
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen: Steinmeier, 2012): 313, 505, & 673.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Gm080.
- Parish records of Feldrennach (LDS Film No. 1056809).
- Parish records of Pfullingen (LDS Film No. 1569139).