Loresch (Stahl am Karaman)
There are 3 Johann Loresch families that settled in the Volga German colony of Stahl am Karaman on 22 June 1767 after arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. Two of them are recorded as siblings on the Oranienbaum passenger list (1 & 3). The other one is presumed to be related.
(1) Johannes Loresch (age 21) and his wife Elisabeth are recorded on the 1767 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 34.
(2) Johann Loresch (age 32) and his wife Susanna are recorded on the 1767 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 39.
(3) Johann Loresch (age 30) and his wife Anna Rosina are recorded on the 1767 census of Stahl am Karaman in Household No. 44.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that all three came from the German region of Dienheim.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sk07, Sk23, Sk27.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 199, 201, 202.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2999, #3002.