Johannes Lufft [sic], a farmer, & Anna Christina Roht [sic], both born in the area of Darmstadt, were married on 8 July 1766 in Pastor Bruns' house in Lübeck. The marriage is recorded in the parish register of St. Jacob's Lutheran Church in Lübeck.
Johann Luft, a farmer, his wife Christina, and sister Maria [sic] (age 13) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper John Scott.
Johann Luft, a farmer, his wife Anna Christina, and sister Dorothea [sic] (age 16) are recorded on the 1767 census of Kraft in Household No. 2. They had settled there on 18 August 1767.
Johannes Luft, his wife Anna Christina Roth [sic], and their family are recorded on the 1798 census of Kraft in Household No. Kf45.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Luft came from the German region of Darmstadt. The 1767 census records that Johann Luft came from the German village of Ikt [?] in the Darmstadt region.
[Married on the same day and travelling with them to Oranienbaum were Stephan Lufft, a farmer, & his wife Anna Eliesabet [sic] Tietz, both from the area of Hessen-Darmstadt. They are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov but have not been located in a Volga German colony.]
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kf45.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #6943-6944.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #253, #254.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 393.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3717, #3738.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #8058-8059.