There are three Heinrich Meier families affiliated in Orlovskaya. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) Heinrich Meier and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. Or56.
The death of Heinrich Meier in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Orlovskaya in Household No. 80.
(2) Heinrich Meier from Orlovskaya and his wife are recorded on the 1798 census of Katharinenstadt in Household No. Ka139.
There are no known surviving male lines of this Heinrich Meier family among the Volga German colonies.
(3) In 1783, Wilhelm Meier moved from Basel to Schaffhausen. Wilhelm Meier from Orlovskaya and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Schaffhausen in Household No. Sh42.
Wilhelm Meier and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Schaffhausen in Households No. 48 & 71.
- 1834 Orlovskaya Census (Household No. 80).
- 1834 Schaffhausen Census (Households No. 48, 71).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ka139, Or56, Sh42.