There are two Mensinger families that settled in the Volga German colony of Köhler on 21 August 1767. They both arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum aboard a pink under the command of Lieutenant Moisey Davydov.
(1) Jakob Mensing (age 25) and his family are recorded on the 1767 census of Köhler in Household No. 67.
(2) Eberhard Mensing (age 31) and his family are recorded on the 1767 census of Köhler in Household No. 76.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census records that both Jakob and Eberhard came from the German region of Fulda.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kl31, Kl65.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 376, 378.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4177, #4178.