Andreas Müll, son of Andreas Müll & Eva Fentzling, was born on 8 September 1732 in Kork, Hanau-Lichtenberg (about 6 kilometers east of Strasbourg, France, across the Rhein River in Germany). Andreas was married in Kork on 28 January 1755 to Eva Krieg, daughter of Cornelius Krieg & Barbara Heitz. She had been born in Kork on 28 August 1732.
On 28 March 1736 the lands of Hanau-Lichtenberg (including Kork) were inherited by the Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt. The region around Kork was commonly known as Hanauerland. As part of Germany's administrative reorganization in 1971, Kork became part of the municipality of Kehl in what today is the German state of Baden-Württemberg.
Andreas and Eva had 5 children, each born in Kork and baptized there in the Evangelical Church: (1) Johann Georg, born 26 April 1756, baptized 27 April 1756; (2) Andreas, born 24 January 1759, baptized 26 January 1759; (3) Anna Maria, born 17 August 1760, baptized 17 August 1760; (4) Johannes, born 17 December 1761, baptized 19 December 1761; and (5) Michael, born 23 May 1763, baptized 25 May 1763, died 18 December 1763.
Andreas Mühl and his family immigrated to Russia departing the port of Lübeck on board a Russian packet-boat under the command of Lieutenant Makkensy. They arrived at the port of Oranienbaum on 22 July 1766 and settled in the colony of Dietel on 1 July 1767. The family is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 2.
The four Mill children can be found in the 1798 Census living in Dietel (Households No. Dt16 & Dt34) and Hussenbach (Households No. Hs070 & Hs115).
Friedrich Mill from Dietel and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Franzosen in Household No. 66.
Jakob Friedrich Mill from Franzosen is recorded on the 1857 census of Friedenberg.
- 1834 Franzosen Census (Household No. 66).
- 1857 Friedenberg Census.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Dt16, Dt34, Hs115.
- Parish records of Kork (LDS Film No. 1189656, 1189657, 1189658, & 1189662).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 280.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #2445.
Alan R. Wambold