Johann Georg Moninger was baptized in Gemmingen (west of Heilbronn) on 24 April 1732. He married Elisabeth Rödel who had been born on 12 December 1727 in Hassmersheim.
Georg Moninger, his wife Maria Elisabetha, and children (Georg Adam, age 5; Albertina Margaretha, age 3; Philippina, age 1) migrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) arriving in Fridericia on 10 June 1760. They are last recorded among the Danish colonies on 26 April 1763. They joined the migration to Russia.
They arrived in Dobrinka on 24 November 1764. Johann Georg Moninger, a farmer, his wife Elisabeth, and children (Georg Adam, age 13; Margaretha, age 12; Christoph, age 4) are recorded on the 1767 census of Galka in Household No.1, with Johann Georg recorded as serving as the mayor (Vorsteher) of Dobrinka.
Georg Christoph Moninger and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Dobrinka in Household No. Db09.
Johannes Peter Moninger moved from Dobrinka is recorded on the 1834 census of Galka in Household No. 175.
Peter Moninger and his family are recorded on the 1850 census of Galka in Household No. 210.
Peter Moninger and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Galka in Household No. 210.
This surname has been mis-translated as Meininger in a number of documents.
- 1834 Dobrinka Census (Household No. 11).
- 1834 Galka Census (Household No. 175).
- 1850 Galka Census (Household No. 210).
- 1857 Galka Census (Household No. 210).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): B-1129.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db09.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 313.