There are several Neidhardt families from Hüttengesäß whose descendants settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer. Their relationship to each other, if any, needs further research.
(1) Catharina Neidhart [sic], daughter of Jost Neidhart, was baptized in Hüttengesäß on 13 June 1728. She married Philipp Roth.
They had a son named Conrad Roth who was baptized in Hüttengesäß on 22 March 1747. [See Roth Family.]
(2) Three children of Johannes [sic] & Catharina Neuhard [sic] were baptized in Hüttengesäß: (1) Johannes, baptized 15 December 1745; (2) Philipp, baptized 24 March 1750; and (3) Anna Maria, baptized 4 January 1752.
Heinrich Neuhardt [sic], a farmer, his [new?] wife Barbara, and children (Johann, age 21; Philipp, age 18; Anna, age 16; Christina, age 14) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766.
The parents died. Their children (Johannes, age 22; Philipp, age 19; and Anna Maria, age 17) along with the [new] wife of Johannes (Elisabeth, age 25) are recorded on the 1767 census of Balzer in Household No. 89. They had arrived in Balzer on 1 July 1767.
Philipp Neihardt [sic], son of the deceased Johannes Neihardt [sic], and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Balzer in Household No. Bz023.
Philipp Neidhardt from Balzer and his family are recorded on the 1811 census of Kukkus in Household No. 7 along with a note that he had arrived in Kukkus from Balzer in 1811.
The death of Philipp Neidhardt in 1821 is recorded on the 1834 census of Kukkus in Household No. 102.
(3) Anna Margaretha Niedhardt married Stephan Köhler. Their son Caspar Köhler was baptized in Hüttengesäß on 28 February 1734. Caspar Köhler and his family immigrated to Russia. [See Köhler Family.]
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that this Neuhardt [sic] family came from the German region of Isenburg.
- 1811 Kukkus Census (Household No. 7).
- 1834 Kukkus Census (Household No. 102).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz023.
- Parish register of Hüttengesäß.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 98.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3015.