Johann Jakob Nuss, a farmer, his wife Anna Elisabeth, and children (Anna Elisabeth, age 21; Johann Georg, age 20; Georg Ernst, age 18; Johanna Amalia, age 16; Johann, age 11; Johann Heinrich, age 8) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the hooker Die Jungfer Dietrika under the command of Skipper Christian Korsholm.
Joh. Jacob Nuss, nis wife Anna Elisab., and children (Anna Elisabeth, age 23; Joh. Georg, age 21; Georg Ernst, age 20; Anna Maria, age 17 Johannes, age 11; Joh. Heinrich, age 8) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that father Joh. Jacob died en route.
Widow Anna Elisabeth Nuss, a farmer's wife, and her children (Elisabeth, age 22; Johann Georg, age 20; Georg Ernst, age 18; Anna Magdalena, age 16; Johannes, age 12; Johann Heinrich, age 10) settled in the Volga German colony of Messer on 14 September 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 88.
The 1798 census of Dobrinka records son Georg Ernst Nuss there in Household No. Db40.
The 1798 census of Müller records son Johannes Nuss there in Household No. Ml01.
The 1798 census of Merkel records the widow and children of son Heinrich Nuss of Messer in Household No. Mr14.
The 1834 census of Franzosen records Wilhelm Nuss from Messer in Household No. 74.
Johann Adam Nuss from Müller and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Stephan in Household No. 32.
Both the Oranienbaum passenger list and the 1767 census record that this Nuss family came from the German region of Isenburg.
- 1834 Franzosen Census (Household No. 74).
- 1834 Stephan Census (Household No. 32).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db40, Ml01, Mr14, Ms24.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 152.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: State Technical University, 2010): #5733.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7897-7904.