Georg Michael Paul married Anna Katharina Auerbach, daughter of Melchior and Anna Rosina Auerbach, in May 1741 in the Catholic Church of Allfeld, east of Mosbach. She had been baptized on 14 February 1719 in Allfeld. They had six children, each baptized in Allfeld: (1) Maria Elisabetha, on 10 September 1742; (2) Peter Anton, in June 1745; (3) Georg Simon, in October 1749; (4) Maria Gertrude, on 24 February 1752; (5) Johann Chilianus, on 8 July 1756; and (6) Anna Katharina, on 7 February 1763.
Georg Michael and his family immigrated to Russia. On 14 July 1766 they settled in the Volga German colony of Rohleder colony. Georg Michael and daughters Maria Gertrude and Anna Katharina are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 35 with son Peter Anton in Household No. 22.
(1) Peter [Anton] Paul and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Rohleder in Household No. Rl16.
Heinrich Paul, son of Peter Paul, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Louis in Household No. 25.
Philipp Paul from Rohleder, son of Peter Paul, is recorded on the 1834 census of Louis in Household No. 72 along with a note that he had arrived in Louis from Rohleder in 1830.
Konrad Paul, presumed son of Peter Anton Paul, moved from Rohleder to Herzog in 1795. Konrad Paul from Rohleder and his wife are recorded on the 1798 census of Herzog in Household No. Hr19.
Konrad Paul and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Mariental in Household No. 170.
(2) Nikolaus Paul, son of Georg Michael Paul, and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Rohleder in Household No. Rl21.
- 1834 Louis Census (Household No. 25, 72).
- 1834 Mariental Census (Household No. 170).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hr19, Rl16, Rl21, Mv2448.
- Parish records of Allfeld (LDS Film No. 1049314).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 2008): 53 & 56.