Pickeri / Beren
Ludwig Pickeri was born in approximately 1789, probably in France. He served in Napoleon's army and fought against the Russians. He was captured by the Russians, and in 1812, was settled in the Volga German colony of Preuss.
He is recorded on the 1834 census of Preuss in Household No. 139 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Köhler. He is recorded in Household No. 32 on the 1834 census of Köhler under the surname of Beren. He is recorded on the 1857 census of Köhler in Household No. 43 under the surname of Beren.
Ludwig's son Konrad relocated to the daughter colony of Josefstal in 1852.
- 1834 Köhler Census (Household No. 32).
- 1834 Preuss Census (Household No. 139).
- 1850 Köhler Census (Household No. 42).
- 1857 Köhler Census (Household No. 43).
- 1857 Josefstal Census (Household No. 83).
- Belousov, S.V. "Prisoners of war of Napoleon's army in the Volga region: the arrangement, content, relationships with the local population." Bulletin of the Samara State University, No. 1 (Samara, Russia: Samara State University, 2006): 48-55.