There are three Prediger brothers, all sons of Johann Jost Prediger, that settled in the Volga German colony of Hildmann on 18 August 1767. They came from the German village of Homberg an der Ohm. All three arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the pink Cargo under the command of Lieutenant Moses Davydov.
(1) Widower Johann Jakob Prediger and his daughter Anna Margaretha (age 1½) are recorded on the 1767 census of Hildmann in Household No. 28.
Magdalena Prediger, widow of Jakob Prediger, and her family are recorded on the 1798 census of Hildmann in Household No. Hd03.
(2) David Prediger (age 12) arrived in Oranienbaum with brother Johann Jakob Prediger, and is recorded with Johann Jakob's famly on the 1767 census of Hildmann in Household No. 28.
David Prediger and his family are recorded on the 1798 census Köhler in Household No. Kl70.
Peter Prediger, son of David Prediger, and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Volmer in Household No. 4.
(3) Johann Adam Prediger, son of Johann Jost Prediger, married on 16 June 1761 in Langd to Anna Catharina Grüning, daughter of Hans Jacob Grüning.
Johann Adam Prediger, his wife Katharina, and daughters (Anna Margaretha, age 6; Anna Katharina, age ½) are recorded on the 1767 census of Hildmann in Household No. 35.
Wilhelm Prediger from Hildmann and his family are recorded on the 1834 census of Preuss in Household No. 3.
Neither the Oranienbaum passenger list nor the 1767 census record a relationship between these two Prediger families.
- 1834 Preuss Census (Household No. 3).
- 1834 Volmer Census (Household No. 4).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hd03, Hd06, Kl70.
- Parish register of Langd.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 104, 106.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4192, #4193.