Anton Konstantin Prevois was born in approximately 1790, probably in France. He served in Napoleon's army and fought against the Russians. He was captured by the Russians, and in 1812, was settled in the Volga German colony of Graf.
The 1834 census of Graf records in Household No. 90 that Amon [sic] Konstantin Prevois moved from Graf to Rohleder in 1820.
In 1820, he relocated to the colony of Rohleder. He is recorded on the 1834 Census of Rohleder in Household No. 13, on the 1850 Census of Rohleder in Household No. 21, and on the 1857 Census of Rohleder in Household No. 28.
This surname was probably originally something like Prevois or Brevois. This surname was erroneously translated as Preuss on several document translations.
- 1834 Census of Graf (Household No. 90).
- 1834 Census of Rohleder (Household No. 13).
- 1850 Census of Rohleder (Household No. 21).
- 1857 Census of Rohleder (Household No. 28).
- Belousov, S.V. "Prisoners of war of Napoleon's army in the Volga region: the arrangement, content, relationships with the local population." Bulletin of the Samara State University, No. 1 (Samara, Russia: Samara State University, 2006): 48-55.