There are two Röttger families that settled in the Volga German colony of Anton on 1 September 1767. Both arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the Russian galliot Citadel under the command of Midshipman Grigory Bukharin. Their relationship to each other is not recorded on the 1767 census.
(1) Johann[es] Röttger, a farmer, his wife Anna Regina, and son Johannes (age 4) arrived in Oranienbaum. They are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 4.
(2) Adolf Röttger, a farmer, and his wife Anna Katharina arrived in Oranienbaum. They are recorded on the 1767 census of Anton in Household No. 48.
The 1767 census records that both of these Röttger families came from "Oberamt Utzberg, Kurpfalz."
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An49, An51.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 52, 66.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #5221, #5222.