Johann Georg Rauh, a son of Johann Martin Rauh & Eva Maria Bender, was born on 12 October 1700 and baptized on 13 October 1700 in the Lutheran Church of Altheim, located about 18 kilometers northeast of Darmstadt. He married to Anna Margaretha Eidmann, daughter of Johann Conrad Eydmann & Anna Margaretha Dreßler, on 28 January 1744 in Altheim. Anna Margaretha had been born 1 November 1716 and baptized on 3 November 1716 in nearby Klein-Umstadt.
They had the following children, most of them baptized in Althheim: (twins 1 & 2) Eva Maria & Anna Regina, born 21 July 1745; (3) Catharina Agathe, born 15 February 1747; (4) Johann Georg, born 29 October 1748 and baptized 31 October 1748; (5) Ottilia, born 10 February 1751, and baptized 12 February 1751; (6) Johann Adam, born 16 September 1752, and baptized 18 September 1752; (7) Johann Peter, born 12 March 1755, and baptized 14 March 1755; and (6) Helena, born 2 February 1757.
Johann Georg Rauh and his family immigrated to Russia. On their journey to the Volga German colonies, daughter Catharina married Johannes Bischoff. All of them arrived in the colony of Dobrinka on 20 June 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 77. Daughter Catharina and her family are registered in Household No. 79. Son Johann Georg, single, is listed in Household No. 90.
On the 1798 census of Dobrinka, descendants of this family are recorded in Households No. Db01, Db22, and Db46.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db01, Db22, Db46.
- Parish register of Altheim (LDS Film No. 1340323).
- Parish register of Klein-Umstadt (LDS Film No. 1340316).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 334, 338.
- Tuchlenski, Anne. Altheim/Spitzaltheim Familienbuch (Otzberg, 2016): 342.