There are two Reifschneider families from the German region of Isenburg who arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott. They both settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767.
(1) Johann Conrad Reifschneider, son of Heinrich Reifschneider, was born 28 March 1732. Anna Maria Engel, daughter of Johann Jacob Engel, was born 28 March 1732. They were married in the German village of Kefenrod on 17 November 1751. The baptisms of six of their children (all born in Kefenrod) are recorded in the parish register of Hitzkirchen: (1) Johann Jacob, baptized 3 September 1752; (2) Juliana, baptized 9 October 1754; (3) Maria Elisabeth, baptized 30 October 1757; (4) Johannes, baptized 13 April 1759; (5) Johann Heinrich, baptized 22 September 1761; and (6) Johann Conrad, baptized 14 June 1763.
Johann Konrad Reifschneider, a farmer, and his family immigrated to Russia. Only son Johannes survived to settled in the Volga German colony of Norka where he is recorded on the 1767 census in Household No. 26 along with the Johann Heinrich Weber family. The 1767 census does not record a relationship between the Reifschneider and Weber families, but the Weber family was also from the German village of Kefenrod, and Johann Heinrich Weber's wife's maiden name was Reifschneider.
There is a Johannes Reifschneider of the appropriate age recorded on the 1798 census of Kukkus in Household No. Kk12. Other families from Norka had relocated to Kukkus by this time, so perhaps this Johannes Reifschneider is the surviving son of Johann Konrad Reifschneider.
(2) Johann Adam Reifschneider, a farmer, and his wife Anna Dorothea are recorded in Norka on the 1767 census in Household No. 114. They do not appear to have had any surviving male descendants. Widow Dorothea Reifschneider is recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr153.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kk12, Nr153.
- Parish records of Hitzkirchen, Kefenrod, and Burg-Bracht (LDS Film #1201792).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 235, 259.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3701, #3740.