Johannes Reinhard, a farmer, his wife Johanetta, and children (Elisabeth, age 16; Anna, age 12; Johann, age 8) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson.
Johannes Reinhard, his wife Anna Netta, and children (Anna Elisabeth, age 18; Anna Maria, age 14; Joh. Eberhardt, age 10) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767 along with a note that wife Anna Netta died en route.
Johannes Reinhard remarried to Elisabeth, the widow of Jakob Georg, who was on the same ship.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kukkus on 26 June 1767, and the combined Reinhard and Georg families are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 34.
The widow and children of Eberhard Reinhard are recorded on the 1798 census of Stahl am Tarlyk in Household No. St51.
Between 1834 & 1850, Johann Georg Reinhardt and his family moved from Stahl am Tarlyk to Dinkel. Georg Reinhardt from Stahl am Tarlyk and his family are recorded on the 1850 census of Dinkel in Household No. 119. Georg Reinhardt and his family are recorded on the 1857 census of Dinkel in Household No. 122.
The 1767 census records that Johannes Reinhard came from the German village of Büblingshausen near Braunfels.
- 1850 Dinkel Census (Household No. 119).
- 1850 Stahl am Tarlyk Census (Households No. 104, 105, 108).
- 1857 Dinkel Census (Household No. 122).
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): St51.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #487.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 469.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3555.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #2358-2362.