Johannes Richter, son of Melchior Richter from Oberzell Amt Schwarzenfels (and a church elder [Kirchenältester] in Philippseich & Neuhof), married on 13 September 1736 in Philippseich to Anna Gill from Langen. The births of three of their children are recorded in Philippseich: (1) Johanna Gertraud, born 9 September 1737 in Philippseich, died 13 October 1757; (2) Johann Eckhardt, born 18 February 1740; and (3) Anna Magdalena, born 18 March 1743.
Anna Richter née Gill died in about 1745, and Johannes Richter remarried to Anna Agatha Scherer. They had one son whose birth is recorded in Philippseich: Johann Jacob, born 20 July 1746.
Anna Agatha Richter née Scherer died in Philippseich on 21 December 1752. Johannes Richter died in Philippseich on 25 January 1768, after his son Johann Eckhardt migrated to Russia.
Johann Eckhard Richter from Neuhoff near Philipseich and Anna Maria Oberritter, daughter of Lorenz & Anna Barbara Oberrüther, were married on 15 June 1766 in Büdingen. Anna Maria had been baptized on 31 March 1744 in Schlierbach (Brachttal, Hesse).
Johann Eckhard & Anna Maria Richter arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 29 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Johann Skott.
Eckhart Richter, a farmer, and his wife Anna Maria settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 19.
They are recorded on the 1775 census of Norka in Household No. 102.
Eckhardt Richter, his sons ([a] Johannes, age 31; [b] Hartmann, age 28; [c] Johann Peter, age 24), and their families are recorded on the 1798 census of Norka in Household No. Nr106.
The death of Eckhardt Richter in 1800 is recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 106.
[a] Johannes Richter and his son are recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 106.
The death of Johannes Richter in 1831 is recorded on the 1834 census of Norka in Household No. 147.
[b] Hartmann Richter is recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 106.
The death of Hartmann Richter in 1817 is recorded on the 1834 census of Norka in Household No. 147.
[c] Johann Peter Richter is recorded on the 1811 census of Norka in Household No. 106 along with a note that he relocated to the colony of Kratzke in 1811.
The 1767 census records that Eckhart Richter came from the German district of Isenburg.
- 1775 Norka Census (Household No. 102).
- 1811 Norka Census (Household No. 106).
- 1834 Norka Census (Household No. 147).
- Groß, Bernd. Das Familienbuch Dreieichenhain (Dreieich, Germany: ImHayn Verlag). [Online]
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr106.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #693.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 233.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3791.