Johannes Rudel, son of Pancratius Rudel, married on 5 October 1739 in St. Johannes der Täufer Catholic Church in Ludwag to Agnes Strohmer, daughter of Hanns Strohmer.
The baptisms of the children born to Johannes Rudel & Agnes Strohmer are recorded in the parish register of St. Johannes der Täufer Catholic Church in Ludwag: (1) Johann Kaspar, baptized 2 February 1744; (2) Helena, baptized 17 November 1746; (3) Johannes Kaspar, baptized 13 November 1747; (4) Catharina, baptized 28 September 1750; and (5) Johannes, baptized 7 February 1752.
Johannes Rudel, a farmer, his wife Agnessa, and sons (Kaspar, age 20; Johann, age 18) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 12 September 1766 on a ship under the command of Skipper Heinrich Sager.
Johannes Riedel, his wife Agnesa, and sons (Caspar, age 20; Johannes, age 18) are recorded on the list of colonists being transported from St. Petersburg to Saratov in 1767.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Leitsinger on 5 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 62.
After Leitsinger was destroyed, the Rudel family resettled in the colony of Neu-Kolonie. They are recorded there on the 1798 census with son Kaspar in Household No. Nk02 and the descendants of son Johann[es] in Households No. Nk27 and Nk28.
The death of Kaspar Rudel in 1825 is recorded on the 1834 census of Neu-Kolonie in Household No. 8.
The 1767 census records that Johannes Rudel came from the German village of Ludwag in the Bamberg region.
- 1834 Leitsinger Census (Households No. 8, 44, 53, 63, 70).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nk02, Nk27, Nk28.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 74.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6153.
- Rauschenbach, Georg. Deutsche Kolonisten auf dem Weg von St. Petersburg nach Saratow: Transportlisten von 1766-1767 (Moscow: G.V. Rauschenbach, 2017): #7625-7528.
João Vicente Akwa
Entry from the parish register of St. Johannes der Täufer Catholic Church in Ludwag recording the marriage of Johannes Rudel & Agnes Strohmer on 5 October 1739.
Source: João Vicente Akwa.