The marriage of Abraham Isaac Chardon from the area of Bern & Anna Maria Borell from Offenbach on 1 April 1766 is recorded in the parish register of the Lutheran Church of Büdingen.
Anna Maria Borell, daughter of Jacques & Susanne Borell, was born 14 June 1734 in Offenbach.
Abraham Isaak Schardon, a craftsman (Handwerker), his wife Anna Maria, and son Jakob (age 1) are recorded there on the 1767 census of Moor in Household No. 51. They had arrived in Moor on 18 June 1767.
In 1790, Konrad Schardon moved from Moor to Straub.
Jakob Schardon and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Moor in Household No. Mo67.
Konrad Schardon from Moor and his family are recorded on the 1798 census of Straub in Household No. Sr04.
The descendants of Jakob Scharton are recorded on the 1834 census of Moor in Households No. 87 and 102.
Konrad Scharton and his descendants are recorded on the 1834 census of Straub in Households No. 23 and 58.
The 1767 census records that Abraham Isaak Schardon came from the German district of Schweiz.
Contemporary generations of this family most often use the surname spelling of Scharton.
- 1834 Moor Census (Households No. 87, 102).
- 1834 Straub Census (Households No. 23, 58).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mo67, Sr04, Mv1778.
- Parish register of Offenbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 168.