Scheuermann (Yagodnaya Polyana)
Johann Hartmann Scheuermann, son of Johann Conrad Scheuermann & Catharina Knott, was baptized on 14 February 1719 in Ober-Lais. He married there on 16 November 1746 to Elisabeth German. She had been baptized in Ober-Lais on 23 February 1727. They had the following children, each baptized in Ober-Lais: (1) Maria Catherina, baptized on 21 February 1747; (2) Johannes [Kaspar], baptized on 30 January 1748; (3) Johann Conrad, baptized on 19 September 1749; (4) Johann Jost, baptized 21 January 1751; (5) Johann Heinrich, baptized 3 January 1753; (6) Johann Henrich, baptized 20 January 1755; (7) Johann Nicolaus, baptized 9 January 1757; (8) Anna Catherine, born 6 August 1758; (9) Anna Elisabeth, baptized 2 May 1760; (10) Johann Henrich, baptized 14 May 1762; and (11) Johann Balthasar, baptized 20 December 1764.
Johann Hartmann, a farmer, his wife Elisabeth, and children (Johann Konrad; Johann Jost, age 18; Johann Heinrich, age 14; Hans Heinrich, age 12; Johann Heinrich [again], age 8; Elisabeth, age 6; Balthasar, age 2½) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the galliot Die Perle under the command of Skipper Thomson.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 26.
Oldest son Johann [Kaspar] Scheuermann and his wife Elisabeth settled in the Volga German colony of Frank and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 45.
In 1786, Heinrich Scheuermann moved from Yagodnaya Polyana to Reinwald.
In 1797, Valentin Scheuermann moved from Frank to Yagodnaya Polyana.
The Oranienbaum passenger list records that Johann Hartmann Scheuermann and his family came from the German region of Darmstadt. The 1767 census of Yagodnaya Polyana records that he came from the German region of Nidda, while the 1767 census of Frank records that Johann [Kaspar] Scheuermann came from the German village of Lais in the region of Hessen-Darmstadt.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk054, Fk064, Rw15, Yp36, Yp49, Yp67, Yp76, Yp81, Yp82, Mv0639, Mv3036.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 7103-7112.
- Parish records of Ober-Lais.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 426.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 179.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6246, #6248.